Mr. Scheetz joined Sperling & Slater as an Associate in 2015, after three years as a litigator with Latham & Watkins LLP. Mr. Scheetz also spent one year clerking for Judge Paul J. Kelly, Jr., on the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Mr. Scheetz counsels and represents individuals and businesses before state and federal trial and appellate courts in complicated disputes, including disputes relating to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, professional liability, class actions, environmental issues, insurance and benefits, bankruptcy, export controls, internal and government investigations, and all types of contracts.
His clients span a variety of industries, including finance, manufacturing, telecommunications, logistics, and oil and gas. He has also assisted clients with negotiating and documenting secured financing transactions worth more than $1 billion.
Mr. Scheetz maintains an active pro bono practice and currently serves as President of the Chicago Public Library Foundation’s Junior Board.
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A. in Economics and Psychology 2006)
- cum laude
- Case Western ReserveUniversity (Master of Nonprofit Organizations 2007)
- with Honors
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 2011)
- summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- Northern District of Illinois (trial bar)
- Eastern District of Michigan
- District of New Mexico
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals