Martin Sinclair advises individuals and entities in complex litigation and enforcement matters in federal, state, and arbitral forums. The specific areas of his practice include competition law, class action lawsuits, commercial contracts, racketeering, defamation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions disputes, and shareholder derivative litigation. Mr. Sinclair has also represented individuals and entities in connection with civil and criminal investigations as well as conducted internal investigations in anti-corruption, fraud, securities and related matters.
Recently, Mr. Sinclair has represented:
- Plaintiffs in In Re Ranbaxy Generic Drug Appl. Antitrust Litigation (Case No. 10-md-02878, D. Mass.), alleging claims against Ranbaxy in the antitrust, federal RICO, and state consumer protection context;
- An international election technology entity in U.S. Dominion, Inc. et al. v. My Pillow, Inc. et al. (Case No. 21-cv-445 D.D.C.) against RICO, Support and Advocacy, conspiracy, and equal protection and due process claims;
- A market-leading technology platform company in a complex breach of contract claim against a valued business partner approaching its initial public offering; and
- Individuals being investigated by state executive inspectors general and federal prosecutors.
In his first year of practice, Mr. Sinclair clerked for the Honorable William J. Bauer on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Mr. Sinclair maintains an active pro bono practice and serves currently as the Chair of the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism and the President of the Northern District of Illinois Court Historical Association.
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (J.D. 2005)
· cum laude
University of Illinois (B.A. in History 2001)
- Illinois (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism, Chair
- Northern District of Illinois Court Historical Association, President